A unique opportunity has become available for an experienced and highly professional Customer Complaints Manager to lead our customer care team, reduce complaints, costs and ensure our customer is at the core of our practice.
As Zuto’s Service and Complaints Manager you will analyse, organise and seek improvement opportunity in the service activities to ensure the department is efficient and cost operation effective. As part of Zuto’s Customer Care team you will be responsible for:
· Managing a team of Customer Care Executives and a Workshop Controller, ensuring best practice is conducted with the customer at the core of all actions.
· Working closely with and managing customer’s cars, liaising with our inhouse team as well as third party stakeholders such as transport firms, Dealerships, Lenders and car repair companies.
· Educating and sharing knowledge of the Automotive arena, acting as reference point to prove/disprove mechanical and technical costs using your expertise within the industry.
· Managing our stock vehicles, owning the challenge of being an expert of the used car sales process.
· Owning and analysing and optimising P&L for complaints
· Building and maintaining relationships with lenders
· Effectively handling costings, team hours, authorising repairs, car stock management / re-selling, transports and keeping costs to a minimum for the business.
· Resolving customer issues and complaints, sharing and training the team to improve their knowledge too.
· Monitoring and working to monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
· Maximising commercial opportunities, monitoring customer needs to maintain high levels of customer service.
· Reducing overall costs within the team on a monthly basis.
· Providing regular reporting using internal systems to analyse and identify areas of improvement, successes, trends and patterns.
· Collaborating with the wider business to align processes, efficiencies and increase knowledge levels across departments of the use car sales process and complaints procedure.
Managing and Developing Team Performance
· Using Zuto’s performance management framework, meaning that each team member has a 121, midmonth check-in, and that all completed documentation is stored appropriately and complaint with Zuto’s confidentiality policy.
· Shadowing to improve the performance of existing Zutonites.
· Using appropriate management information to drive performance forward within your team and able to challenge effectively when you see inconsistencies.
· Actively coach and develop your team through carrying out side by side, and formal coaching for team members.
· Ensuring new initiatives are cascaded and embedded with required timeframes, with reinforcement included in BAU.
· Regular checks and coaching on the teams calls and system notes.
· Coaching and developing underperformers in line with the performance management process.
· Identify opportunities to create a high performing team.
Experience, skills and qualifications required
· Solid experience in dealing with a vast array of customer issues and complaints as a manager and demonstrable experience in developing a team.
· Experience working to and exceeding customer satisfaction improvement levels as well as cost reduction in line with targets and business KPIs.
· Strong communication skills and the confidence to positively challenge; seeking the opportunity in everything you do.
· Previous managerial experience of a small team (circa 5)
· Demonstrable successful third party and stakeholder relationship management.
· Expert Automotive market knowledge and a thorough understanding of the used car sales process.
· Previous experience/ familiarity of liaising with third party transport firms, dealerships and car repair companies.
· Strong technical understanding of the retail motor industry.
· Knowledge and sold understanding of using Aptean Respond reporting and its benefits.
What this role and Zuto will offer you
This role is ideal for a Complaints Manager with a strong technical understanding of the Financial Services industry, looking to take on a new challenge in transforming our customer journey. At Zuto you’ll have the freedom to utilise your expertise in people management and stakeholder relationships as well as current experience within the retail motor industry at management level.
This is a fantastic time to join a successful finance company managing a busy team with the support of the wider business. Working collaboratively with our Dealer, Legal and Finance teams you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your influence across Zuto, seeing the impact your customer first approach has upon the customer journey and in turn it’s valued service within the business.
As Service and Complaints Manager within our Customer Experience department you’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in business wide change discussion and decisions, participation in other Zuto initiatives and build strong working relationships both internally and externally within the Automotive Finance industry. Working closely with our Head of Customer Experience your development and growth potential is unlimited, as are your achievements in this fast paced, enabling and agile environment.