Our rapid growth and success means we are now looking to appoint an experienced Digital Director to run our organisation’s Manchester business operation. In this role, you will work closely with our COO and be responsible for the overall Digital performance of the business. The Digital Director role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the COO and part of the Executive Board.
What are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience of multi-channel digital marketing in fast-growth Internet businesses. You will be familiar with growth science-based marketing approaches, and will be able to demonstrate a highly data-driven mindset. You will have operated in a senior Digital, Marketing or product leadership position in businesses of a similar size to Zuto and you will be a highly capable leader.
You will be able to demonstrates a track-record of effective collaboration with other business leaders, with high-impact outcomes, in leading a business through multiple stages of growth-driven organisational change.
What you'll be doing
• Lead the strategy definition and execution for Zuto’s digital and partnership marketing activities.
• Develop a Growth Science mindset across all functions in the Manchester operation, bringing product and marketing together to drive acquisition, activation, retention, customer referral and, ultimately, revenue.
• Build a multi-disciplinary team consisting of digital marketeers, data scientists and engineers to achieve the above.
• Manage a multi-million-pound digital marketing budget.
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and take responsibility for making these goals a reality by working with other leaders in the business.
• Oversee daily operations for the Manchester operation, ensuring that the business is protected from website security vulnerabilities, regulatory and related infringements. Also responsible for risk assessment and management across the website.
• Continuously drive improvements in Zuto’s operating performance, balancing long-term strategic performance objectives with nearer-term improvements, in a managed-portfolio approach.
• Lead the design of organisational structures and processes for the Manchester Office and be the custodian of ensuring that next year’s business, at increased scale, functions efficiently and effectively.
Skills and Knowledge
• Track record of broad operational leadership and/or general management roles that touch on sales, service and product management/development, ideally in businesses larger and more complex than Zuto today.
• Strong “schooling” in best-in-class industry practices from a reputable digital economy and/or technology business.
• Track record of successfully implementing website optimisation best practice.
• An understanding of shareholder objectives and a strong value creation mind-set.
• Strong analytical skills, data driven decision maker.
• Importantly, someone who wakes up and goes to sleep thinking about end-to-end process optimisation, both the funnel and the conversion factory, and can help other leaders to optimise their operations as the business scales.
• Broad experience of operating in a Senior Digital Trading role in an internet economy or technology intensive business. The ideal candidate will have operated at this level in a fast-paced organisation of medium to substantial size.
• Have excellent people skills, business acumen and an exemplary work ethic and a track-record of sustained success in high-growth business environments. Proven experience leading and developing high performing teams in an ambiguous and fast moving organisation.
• Preferably, demonstrating strong experience in managing across a wide variety of functions in your past roles including at least two of the following: Sales, Marketing, Contact Centre, Product, Marketing, Finance, Business Operations and Software Development / Engineering.
• Ability to demonstrate a track-record of effective collaboration with other business leaders, with high-impact outcomes, in leading a business through multiple stages of growth-driven organisational change.
• Experience working in entrepreneurial growth environments and established companies, with evidence of having contributed to medium and long-term strategic decision-making.
• A good understanding of the value of engagement between team members and the company for the success of the business. Working with your colleagues and teams, to promote a culture of strong engagement which is measurable and aspired to by others.
Behaviours we're looking for
• Proven leader with the gravitas and confidence to establish a leadership position within an entrepreneurial team.
• Lead by example; passionate, driven, high levels of personal accountability, results-oriented, hands-on, willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the detail.
• Strong people and communication skills; approachable, empathetic and able to work with and through people to achieve progress in a flat, entrepreneurial organisation.
• A demonstrable track record in recruiting and developing people at all levels in an organisation.
• Able to translate a strategic vision into deliverable operational plans, and then effectively implement those plans; will take a broad interest across the entire business.
• Have the intellectual ability to transform concepts into business reality.
• Flexible, agile and responsive.
• Customer-oriented, and able to instil/maintain a strong customer focus in an organisation.
• Degree educated, MBA would be desirable.
Why join us?
• Sunday Times Top 100 Employer for past 3 years
• Credit Strategy’s Car Finance Provider of the Year: Broker Category
• Listed in the Hiscox Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the past 3 years
• Zuto identified in London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report
• James Wilkinson (Founder & CEO) named as North of England EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 for Science & Technology.
Why you’ll love Zuto
We invest in our people. From day 1 you’ll embark on your own Zuto journey.
We take care of our Zutonites. Joining us, you’ll not only be joining an experienced, lively and committed team you’ll also be entitled to our fabulous benefits, including; Cycle2Work Scheme, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Life Assurance and Income Protection, Enhanced Maternity/Paternity, Retail, Opticians and Gym discounts, Pension contribution, generous holiday allowance, charity and birthday day off!
We recognise and reward. Top performing Zutonties and those who live and breathe our values receive fantastic incentives - we love to give away spa days, Macbooks, retail vouchers plus pizza and prosecco lunches for outstanding teams who go above and beyond! On top of that, we celebrate success together - over an infamous Zuto brew or an impromptu night out!
As our Digital Director you’ll receive a salary circa £100,000 to £140,000 in this full time role.
Click apply and start your Zuto journey today!