Buying a vehicle is a big decision – it’s often one of the most expensive purchases people make and the second biggest overhead after a mortgage. Zuto are pioneering a change in how people finance a car. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of car financing?
Zuto is looking for a talented product owner to lead one of our core product areas shaping our online product. You will be responsible for driving the product roadmap in an agile environment for one or more parts of our core platform. We are building an end-to-end online car financing journey that blends our sales advisor customer engagement with powerful automated systems that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car. Rather than think of our customers as we think of ourselves and our friends, the target market may have very different values, priorities, perceptions, tolerances and experiences, therefore the ability to empathise with the target market is crucial.
The ideal candidate has experience making decisions on product direction: you have a passion and respect for great products, no matter where they come from, and live to create them. Your passion for low friction, beautiful user experience is matched by your articulate and succinct writing and speaking skills. You care as much about the customer experience as the technical details behind it. You have an obsession with data, want to measure everything, and make all decisions on the basis of data. You are self-directed, energetic, and hungry to build high impact software products. You identify and nurture good ideas from any source and move quickly and confidently to bring those ideas into reality.
What we're looking for:
- Experience gained in a Product Owner/Management role
- Experience in working with technical teams to deliver software products
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Deep understanding of and passion for product usability
- Naturally curious and ask questions that generate insights
- A usability detective that pours over analytics, continually testing and questioning to find a better way
Preferred experience & skills:
- Software product management experience in consumer-focused companies
- Experience influencing software engineers to build high quality products in an agile environment
- Demonstrable experience of owning a product portfolio and associated roadmap
- Experience of working in agile software development environment as a product owner
- Working knowledge of disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or other complex software implementations
- Experience working with sales and other operational teams would be highly desirable
- Experience planning, gaining buy-in and rolling out software releases internally or externally
Experience working with third party suppliers to integrate disparate software packages
This role offers the opportunity to shape your destiny in a tech first, fast paced, rapid growing and fun fin tech. We also have rather nice offices in the heart of Manchester City Centre too!