Zuto has lead and innovated the online car buying experience since 2006, and we’ve certainly learnt a lot in that time. But, our vision hasn’t changed from day one – we want to deliver an amazing customer service, while having a lot of fun along the way.
Culture is everything at Zuto. For us, it is all about empowering yourself to find a better way to do things. Here, you’re free to voice your opinion and you have autonomy to make your own decisions. We’re proud of who we are and what we have achieved. But, without question, it’s our people that make Zuto a great place to work.
As our Finance and Payroll Coordinator you'll be responsible, with support from your team of experts for the coordination, administration, analysis and delivery of the company’s payroll, pension and benefits package and purchase ledger. You will liaise with our payroll bureau to ensure payroll is processed accurately and be the main point of contact for payroll, pension and benefit queries for 300+ employees. We're looking for a HMRC (or in-training) guru to advise and update the business and our teams on HMRC related enquiries and legislation updates.
This role is ideal for someone who has begun their career in Finance or Payroll and is now looking for their next step of progression. Project work will give the candidate an opportunity to improve the compensation package via improving benefits, benchmarking analysis and supporting the leadership team with compensation package changes/decisions.
• Responsible for payroll and benefits, working with the wider business providing accurate information, reporting/analysis (payroll, benefits & headcount), support and advice.
• Lead the preparation and coordinate 2 groups of monthly payroll data for circa 300 staff, working closely with our internal HR team and external payroll bureau, ensuring that payroll is accurate.
• Preparation of the associated accounting treatment for all payroll and journals into management accounts.
• Support in the preparation of all government reporting and associated payments and analysis, including PAYE, P11d, Gender pay, Apprentice levy.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT return to HMRC.
• Preparation of Bank reconciliations.
• Processing of invoices, gaining the necessary business approval.
• Validation of the commission payments to the commission scheme, ensuring all payments are correct.
• Supporting company secretary with companies house and statutory compliance.
• Ad hoc projects as required.
Experience and Behaviours
• Payroll experience desired, experience in managing payroll/purchase ledger
• Excellent Computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Positive, proactive, organised and attention to detail.
• High degree of professionalism, accuracy, sound judgement and discretion.
• Respects and support colleagues.
• Ability to deal with a multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately.
• Good communication – dealing internally with employees queries external with suppliers.
• Ability to work as part of a team, giving support to others and ensuring that individually and collectively we achieve targets and deadlines.
• Can do attitude.
• GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
What this role will give you
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious team of dedicated individuals who play a crucial role in supporting and making decisions, whilst sharing knowledge and developing new ways of working to meet changing regulations and future challenges of the business. We're passionate about our people and developing them throughout their career at Zuto, you'll be joining an experience team who encourage progression - the opportunities are endless!
- Birthday day off!
- Competitive holiday package – plus an extra day accrued for each year of service
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity and Adoption leave after 18 months of service
- Refer a friend – We know you’ll love Zuto, do you know anyone who would too? – You’ll receive a refer a friend payment if they’re successful!
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Charity Day
- Personal Financial Advice
- Health cash plan, including retail and gym discounts too
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Discounts to attractions across the UK
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Sounds like the ideal role for you? Click apply and begin your journey with us today!