Buying a vehicle is a big decision - it s often one of the most expensive purchase people make and the second biggest overhead after a mortgage. Zuto are pioneering a change in how people finance a car and this role is crucial to helping us shape the future of car financing.
Zuto is looking for a talented front-end software engineer for one of our core product engineering squads shaping our online product. As a Zuto engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of our core customer experience. We are building an end-to-end online car financing journey that blends our sales advisor customer engagement with powerful automated systems that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car. Customer experience in a mobile first development environment is critical to the success of this.
Skills And Knowledge
- HTML / CSS
- SASS / Less
- TDD (Jasmine or similar)
- Build tools (Webpack)
- Restful API design
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on expertise in many front-end user interfaces
- Experience in using Redux
- Working experience of Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployments.
- Excellent knowledge of what defines good quality code, including implementation of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Front end development leadership experience
Experience And Behaviours
- Technical experience as front-end software developer, or related role
- 'Agile / Scrum / Kanban approaches to software development
- Experience in working closely with Design / UX teams
- Fast build of prototypes to facilitate learning
- Use of Atomic design or similar framework
- 'Mobile first development environment
- Experience developing web services that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience of influencing software engineer s best practices within your team
- Strong desire to learn, educate others and make improvements.
- Highly motivated to research and work to best practice standards, bringing knowledge into Zuto
- Customer focused: Does it help the customer?
- Keen problem solution, solutions led: Remove hassle and stress as you see it
- Team player: collaboration and communication within and across teams breeds success
- Curious, asks questions: Do it differently - innovate, change and improve
- Active learner, and absorber of knowledge: Keep learning - knowledge is dynamite
- Ambitious: Think big, we are here to make a dent in the world
- Collaborative, team player: Share what you ve got
- Personable, engaging and fun: Don t forget to make it fun!
Degree in Computer Science, vocational equivalent or appropriate experience
What This Role Will Give You
The opportunity to solve complex problems in a technical challenging and innovative environment. Working with a range of technologies within a competency framework will also provide the opportunity to progress your career within a growth period for Zuto.
Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- 2x References
- Basic DBS
- Financial Probity
- Right to Work in the UK
- Proof of Address
Apply today and start your Zuto journey!