At Zuto we regard innovation and customer experience as vital to its growth and success. Design is considered a fundamental part of delivering these. Zuto Car Finance has helped over 2 million people find car finance our mission is to remove the complexity and hassle out of finding and financing a car. We’re passionate about matching people to a finance package that’s right for them. Our predictive algorithms find the most affordable finance package for our customers from over 80 lender products.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and experienced Head of User Experience, with strong UX principles and methodologies, such as user research, the creation of personas, user flows, conducting usability sessions and implementing user feedback into the design process to creating user centred creative design solutions, developing optimisation plans based on clear KPIs, all to support the development of Zuto Car Finance.
As head of this process, you will also be responsible for championing improvements to user experience within project teams and disseminating the UX objectives, reasoning and decisions. Present these to the wider business stakeholders by demonstrating how these objectives will, and do, affect business results.
Working in agile teams alongside Product Managers/Product Owners, Software Engineers, Legal and Compliance, Marketing and Content Writers, Call Centre Teams.
**Role Responsibilities **
The role of Head of UX is both a hands-on and strategic role so you will need to have a solid background in the conceptualizing, designing, and creating first-class product experiences for the product’s consumers.
• Work with product owners and Technical teams designing and delivering product and service journeys; creating simple, concise and practical self-serve, low effort journeys.
• Leading your team from design thought leadership through to and delivering its practical application and implementation in order to truly transform customer experience.
• Design and produce blueprints including: wireframes, roadmaps, workflows, personas, storyboards and scenarios with a view to developing web journeys that enhance customer experience and drive higher results on metrics such as customer NPS and reducing Customer effort scores delivering strong engagement and loyalty.
• Know the Customer: identify and analyses behaviors and Customers’ decision-making drivers, developing and building new approaches around these key metrics.
• Working with all the different teams to develop new end to end experiences, develop prototypes and proofs of concept/experiments to validate proposals and prepare solutions
• Team development, One2Ones, coach best practice and development of the team’s skills in user experience design
• Undertake stakeholder and user research & facilitate workshops
• Keep up to date on industry best practice and trends.
• Estimate work, prepare and update UX project plans; help with new partnerships.
• You’ve had exposure to A/B and multivariate testing
• Presenting your work to the wider team for discussion and
• Fostering a culture of learning, creative thinking and design thinking methodologies
**Skills and Knowledge **
• Creative thinker with the ability to listen carefully to the problem as in many cases the whole picture needs to be understood before you can solve the presented problem/symptom
• An effective communicator, you are happy presenting to and sharing ideas with a variety of stakeholders
• Relishes the opportunity to challenge existing assumptions and ways of doing things. Actively looking for new ways to solve customer/consumer problems, using emerging digital technology and seeks out new ideas from other walks of life and industries.
• An advocate of customer-centric design and used to working with multi-disciplinary teams to develop customer experiences across multiple channels, products and sectors. Has a proven track record of using design research insights to inspire and recommend improvements to an existing customer journey or for creating new concepts that delight customers.
• Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills across matrix organisations
• Single minded focus on Customers and business bottom line
• Highly effective communicator, with ability to change how we think and do
• Expert strategic marketer with deep understanding of digital propositions and experiences
• Outstanding analytical skills, with a proven ability to turn insight into action
• Understanding of digital and mobile technologies
• Flawless control and delivery
• Has the confidence to challenge in a positive way, and present solutions to issues raised
• Able to facilitate great communication and best practice within their team Operates by mutual support, working with peers, direct reports and The Head of Sales to ensure great outcomes
• Solid numeracy, literacy and IT skills
**Experience and Behaviours **
As a candidate it’s important you have,
• This is a hands on role, must have experience in creating design solutions
• Can do sketching, wireframing, prototyping and visual design by following UX best practices
• Ability to mentor and manage UX and Product Designers.
• Experience designing end to end customer and user journeys.
• Ability to drive UX and User Research throughout the organisation.
• Ability to prototype from low fidelity to high fidelity prototyping in Sketch ideally.
• Full UCD life cycle with a visual eye.
• Stakeholder Management at all levels
• Running and conducting workshops
• Experience leading and motivating teams.
• Experience of working within Customer Contact Center’s, particularly service process design
• Able to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context. Makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrate design, visualisation and presentation capabilities, able to convey complex customer journeys visually through storyboarding and compelling demonstrations.
• The ability to think and work strategically with an understanding of how design thinking is applied to business challenges
• Able to move from analysis to synthesis and/or design intent. Such skills include demonstration of the ability to apply logical thinking, gathering and analysing information and evidencing key performance indicators.
• Experienced as a Lead User Experience Designer/Head of User Experience Design
• Educated to a University Degree level
• At least 5 years experience
• Passionate about good UX
• Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
• Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
**What this role will give you **
This gives you the opportunity to utilise your Digital knowledge, experience and skills to drive significant change in a business that is set to grow significantly. It will challenge you, but with the right attitude and support you will thrive.
• Birthday Leave: A bonus day off on your birthday
• Holidays: 25 days for each full year of service you get an extra day! (up to 35 days off incl. bank holidays)
• Pension: You pay 3% of your salary into the pension, and Zuto will add in 2%
• Refer a Friend: £600 for each friend that you refer, and completes their probation
• Mental Health: Employee Assistance Programme through Medicash, as well as Mental Health First Aiders
• Paternity, Maternity and Adoption: Enhanced entitlements after 18 months
• Eye Tests: Free eye tests, and contribution towards glasses if needed, through Medicash
• Cycle to Work: Cycle to work scheme, which is open twice a year, in October and April for a month – allows you to buy a bike Tax and NI free!
• Life Assurance: 4x your salary
Income Protection: If you’re off work with a long-term illness, Income protection (80%) starts after 6 months’ absence