Risk and Compliance Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000 DOE
Location: Manchester City Centre and Remote Working (Mix)
Zuto is a marketplace connecting customers, lenders and dealers. Our reason for being is to transform the car finance experience with simplicity and integrity.
We believe in enabling our team of over 300 Zutonites to work autonomously within an energising and inspiring environment. Our team work productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures, focused on solving customer problems and delivering a world class customer journey. Zuto’s flexible and supportive approach empowers achievement and the delivery of outstanding results.
We are looking for a driven, positive Risk and Compliance Manager who is excited about embedding processes and making a real difference at a growing Manchester-based FinTech company.
Zuto is backed by SEP, the award-winning London and Glasgow based private equity fund. SEP have a strong track record in investing in and supporting ambitious, high growth technology companies and have recently successfully sold Skyscanner and Matchesfashion.
- Responsible for scoping, planning and delivery of the overall Risk and Compliance Monitoring framework and Compliance Monitoring reviews.
- Providing assurance to the Leadership Team and stakeholders and drive improvements in quality standards to ensure that our customers achieve fair outcomes.
- Scope and plan monitoring reviews for Zuto in line with the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Framework.
- Complete testing activity through investigation, review, and analysis across operational activities to assess compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements, internal policies, and best practice.
- Produce objective, timely and well-presented monitoring reports and Management Information for distribution to stakeholders and the Leadership Team.
- Gain commitment from the business to address any issues identified.
- Assess the completeness and accuracy of actions taken to address monitoring findings.
- To provide guidance and support to the Compliance Monitoring Team Leader and Compliance Monitoring Assistants with any call monitoring queries.
- Support the management of fraud – including fraud identification (through monitoring, fraud reports and fraud referrals).
- Building effective MI, including the compilation, and recording of Compliance Monitoring results and MI for the Leadership Team and stakeholders. Taking the appropriate action following analysis.
- Provide feedback to the Risk & Compliance Director and stakeholders for any areas of development that have been identified, to assess any knowledge gaps/training requirement business wide.
- To manage development of the team including 121’s, training requirements, training and onboarding to new starters and the issue of targets, team requirements and the management and creation of objectives.
- Manage the provision of compliance support to customer facing roles via feedback sessions, 121 training, call levelling sessions and weekly feedback meetings with managers and the L and D Team.
- Responsible for maintaining/developing knowledge with industry regulation and any changes to FCA/ICO/FOS/OFCOM/ASA rules and guidelines, including Horizon scanning for Zuto’s Board.
- Management of some GDPR oversight – Data Subject Access Requests, Right to Be Forgotten requests and Suspicious Activity Reports.
- To collate compliance MI as required for Zuto’s Board, Leadership team, the Risk and Compliance Director, Compliance Business Partner or the wider business.
- Working closely with the Risk & Compliance Director to drive process/ system improvement and manage the Team.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Previous experience in a Monitoring/ Quality Assurance role at a senior level (minimum of 3 years).
- Previous experience of people management.
- FCA/ICO guidelines/rules knowledge is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of Data Protection Act / GDPR/ Audit would be advantageous.
- Financial Services Compliance qualifications e.g., ICA qualifications, desirable although not essential.
- You’ll be a self-starter who can work with minimal direction with a proactive & resilient approach, able to deliver under pressure and influence others.
- Strong attention to detail is essential for this role.
- Highly organised.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation & literacy skills will allow you to successfully communicate across all levels of the business, whilst holding compelling influencing and negotiation skills.
- Confident in multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
What this role and Zuto will offer you
This role is a unique opportunity for a driven, organised and self-motivated individual to further their career within the Automotive, regulated industry. You’ll be supported by experienced, ambitious colleagues who put the customer first and ensure best practice.
Zuto’s encouraging and supportive working environment values excellence and offers the opportunity
Salary - up to £40,000 DOE, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and many other company benefits.