Buying a vehicle is a big decision – it’s often one of the most expensive purchase people make and the second biggest overhead after a mortgage. Zuto are pioneering a change in how people finance a car and this role is crucial to helping us shape the future of car financing.
Zuto is looking for a bright, enthusiastic software engineer for our Auto Decisions Squad, to help constantly improve and refine the platform that makes automated lending and product decisions for our customers.
What will I be doing?
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with Product Management to help define, test, build and deploy cutting edge systems that keep us ahead of the competition by providing our customers with an engaging interface to intelligent, automated decision making.
What we're looking for from you:
You'll have some experience of building software commercially, with some understanding of how that software relates to the business domain.
* Exposure to the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations. * Some experience using some of the core technologies within the Zuto stack. These are C#, .NET framework, SQL Server and react.js. * Knowledge of the benefits of hosting software in the cloud. Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* A grasp of what defines good quality code, such as SOLID principles and design patterns.
Stuff that's not essential but we'd like you to have:
- Experience using cloud technology to host software, and Infrastructure-as-Code tools to define that hosting as part of an automated pipeline
- Experience developing resilient web services that implement RESTful standards and that can scale with demand
- Strong desire to learn, educate others and make improvements.
- This role offers a salary £26,000, plus bonus/benefits, career development, great colleagues, interesting challenges, hacks in a fun and collaborative working environment.
Don’t take our word for it!
We're a Sunday Times Best Companies; Best Company to Work For in the UK and have been for the past 2 years, we also feature in the Top 10 Fastest Growing Tech Businesses in the North. You can be rest assured that we can offer you a great career within an ambitious and forward-thinking company. To apply hit the 'apply now' button below and send us your CV telling us why you'd like to join the Zutonites!