Zuto is looking for a talented Product Owner to work with one of our newest squads. You will be responsible for driving the product roadmap in an agile environment towards a seamless customer journey. Zuto are already the market-leading car finance broker in the UK and we are extending our lead by building an end-to-end online experience that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car. This involves not only building a beautiful user experience, but also designing the back-end systems that power it, working closely with our market and tech partners.
Given the complexity of this industry, you will have experience of building and optimising products in Lending or a similarly complex product market. You will have a clear vision about how to overcome the challenges surrounding the motor finance industry and how online and offline journeys can support each other to deliver an excellent customer experience. You are obsessed with data, want to measure everything, and use data to lead decision making. Most of all you love a challenge and embrace the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
The ideal candidate has experience owning products through all stages of the lifecycle and has experience making tough decisions on product direction: you have a passion and respect for great products, no matter where they come from. Your passion for getting under the skin of business problems and requirements is matched by your articulate and succinct communication skills. You care as much about the customer experience as the technical details behind it. You foster collaborative relationships and can manage a wide range of demanding stakeholders. You are self-directed, energetic, and hungry to build high impact software products. You identify and nurture good ideas from any source, prioritise based on business value and move quickly and confidently to bring the right ideas to fruition.
You will be responsible for driving the product roadmap in an agile environment specifically towards an end-to-end online car financing journey. This journey will blend our sales advisor customer engagement with powerful automated systems that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car.
You will act as the ‘voice or the customer’ and, working with the team, own our strategic goal of delivering seamless online journey from the point of application through to payout of the finance agreement. You will work closely with the development squads, technology leads and design teams in order to make your strategic goal a reality.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of the motor finance industry
• An active and collaborative manager of both internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to quickly understand ‘the customer’, the industry and our business
• Strong analytical skills, with a data driven mindset
• Very strong communication skills
• Ability to set expectations regarding priorities with sound, data-driven rationale
• Deep understanding of and passion for product usability
• Naturally curious and ask questions that generate insights
• A usability detective that pours over analytics, continually testing and questioning to find a better way
• Strong experience owning the direction and strategy for software features and roadmaps
• Experience influencing software engineers to build high quality products in an agile environment
• Experience of prioritising initiatives against demonstrable value with identified and measurable KPI’s
• Working knowledge of disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience of planning, gaining buy-in and rolling out software releases internally or externally
• Experience of working with third parties to integrate disparate software packages
• Experience of working with sales and other operational teams would be highly desirable
• Experience with contact centre technologies including CRM, service desk or diallers would be desirable
Degree level education and/or a demonstrable standard of applicable experience.
What this role will give you
This role offers a great opportunity to develop yourself as a high performing Product Owner in a collaborative, supportive and high energy environment, while delivering tangible improvements to the customer experience.
What We Can Offer You
- Health cash plan which covers a multitude of treatments and services, including prescriptions, optical and dental as well as massages and specialist therapies
- Wellbeing Scheme including EAP and fast track GP service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Discounted perks for travel cinema and theme parks - plus much more
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), increasing based on years of service up to 35 days. You're also gifted your birthday off plus a charity day every year to use as you choose
- Awards evenings and internal recognition scheme
Apply now to start your Zutonite journey!