The Risk and Compliance Manager is accountable to the Risk and Compliance Director to assist with the development of a high-performing compliance and risk function that adds value to Zuto.
The role is to support, challenge and hold the business accountable for managing Zuto’s regulatory, conduct and compliance risks. You will do this by implementing and maintaining a robust and dynamic approach to compliance and risk management across Zuto.
A key element is a forward-looking view of compliance and risk and providing leadership which is ‘hands on', providing tactical direction, and management of the compliance function, whilst working strategically including working closely with various business partners across Zuto and its management.
Compliance strategy and direction:
· Assist the Risk & Compliance Director to lead the Risk & Compliance strategy.
· Provide technical support to the business.
· Consult proactively with and provide challenge to management to set compliance policies and oversee development of procedures interpreting change designed to achieve compliance with applicable laws and regulations, which are responsive to regulatory requirements, and customised to the business, incorporating regulatory guidance, as appropriate.
· Ensure that an effective risk and compliance framework is in operation and that business and management receive insightful challenge and advice.
· Act as a champion for good compliance and risk management across the business, working closely with senior management, to champion a positive compliance and control culture.
· Provide input into business wide training, performance management and communications to ensure appropriate messaging on compliance and risk management is in place and to educate and develop staff to own and address compliance and risk issues.
Compliance function people management:
· Support the Risk & Compliance Director to ensure that the Compliance function operates effectively across the range of its responsibilities with appropriate resource management.
· Effective performance management of the Compliance function.
· Support the Risk & Compliance Director to ensure that the team maintains the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics, integrity, and control in execution of all their daily operations.
Compliance and risk function leadership:
· Report to management and the Board on key risks, issues and actions taken, ensuring that concerns and recommendations are clearly and concisely articulated so that appropriate action can be taken as necessary.
· Escalate significant compliance risks to the Risk & Compliance Director, senior management and/or the Board.
· Manage the relationship with regulatory bodies, in particular the FCA, reviews and documented responses, maintaining an open and transparent relationship with regulators.
· Manage Zuto’s anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption and data protection policies and procedures.
· Provide assessment, challenge and approval of financial promotions in accordance with the Zuto Financial Promotions policy.
· Provide compliance input and oversight on an ongoing basis into projects and initiatives to help ensure new, existing and legacy products, business lines, distribution channels and processes are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and with good practice.
· Consult with senior management to prepare written compliance risk assessments that consider the regulatory requirements and conduct risks related to the activity, and include a focused plan to deal with those risks.
· Identify emerging compliance risks by monitoring regulatory developments and internal and external business initiatives, including evaluation of the impact of business process changes necessitated by regulatory developments and other events, consulting and advising management on business and corporate processes to promote compliance.
· Oversee and ensure serious incident protocols and procedures for dealing with breaches and critical incidents, ensuring that appropriate reporting to the FCA is undertaken and any investigations by regulatory authorities are managed effectively by Zuto. Lead the Compliance input into the management of any such incidents.
· Oversee that required reporting is made to the FCA relating to GABRIEL and Approved Persons.
· Provide compliance and conduct risk advice and guidance based on sound regulatory requirements
· Act as a key point of contact for compliance and conduct risk issues. Provide advice and guidance to staff in the development and review of operational documents, processes and procedures to ensure effective compliance with the FCA and other regulatory requirements.
Formal Compliance qualifications, ideally a Risk or Compliance qualification such as ICA Diploma or equivalent experience.
Competitive salary and brilliant benefits package offered - we're happy to talk flexible working!