Zuto is a market place connecting customers, lenders and dealers. Our reason for being is to lead the UK Car finance market through simplifying the experience, bringing trust and transparency.
Located across two sites, our vastly talented team of Marketeers, Product Owners and Technology experts are based in our Manchester city centre office, whilst our passionate team of car buying experts are situated in our Macclesfied contact centre.
We believe in enabling our team of over 300 Zutonites to work autonomously within an energising and inspiring environment. Our team work productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures, focused on solving customer problems and delivering a world class customer journey. Zuto’s flexible and supportive approach empowers achievement and the delivery of outstanding results.
Zuto has a solid history and we are building on these strong foundations to bring about industry transformation by applying internet economy business methodologies to completely re-define the customer experience and reset expectations, with the goal of reducing the process, which currently can take days, to one hour or less.
Once perfected in the UK, we believe that the business model can be replicated internationally and that Zuto can become a global enterprise.
Zuto is backed by SEP, the award winning London and Glasgow based private equity fund. SEP have a strong track record in investing in and supporting ambitious, high growth technology companies and have recently successfully sold Skyscanner and Matchesfashion.com.
**Role responsibilities **
Zuto is looking for talented software engineers for our core product engineering squads shaping our online product. As a Zuto engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of part of our core platform.
We are building an end-to-end online car financing journey that blends our sales advisor customer engagement with powerful automated systems that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car.
Our back end platform is made up of a series of .NET microservices which support our website, customer portal and call centre platform, alongside communication with lenders and other 3rd parties. All this is built and maintained in-house by our engineers based in Manchester City Centre.
All our software is pipelined to allow continuous delivery, with our teams given flexibility around what works best for them to deliver working software. In addition, all our software is hosted in the cloud, primarily AWS, and we utilise IaC to describe our infrastructure. Engineers have complete control over the infrastructure required to run the services being built and maintained.
We lead an experimental culture, following a build, measure and learn approach with an incremental, iterative methodology that replaces assumption with knowledge and certainty.
The role will be to not only be involved with helping to realise and build out new features for the business, but to actively work with others to suggest and implement improvements in the existing platform.
Our engineers are always looking to improve our software estate, paying down technical debt and we have a culture of leaving software in a better place than when you found it.
Experience, skills and qualifications required
• C# .NET
• Restful API Design
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Working experience of AWS / Microsoft Azure (or equivalent cloud platform provider) technologies.
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployments.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Excellent knowledge of what defines good quality code, including implementation of design patterns and SOLID principles
• Experience working with containers
• Experience with .NET Core
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code
• Experience with front end technologies (CSS, SASS, React, Node)
• Experience with testing techniques such as TDD and BDD
• Experience with collaborative techniques such as pair programming and mob programming
• Experience developing machine learning systems
• Experience developing statistical modelling and processing big data in a scalable distributed services environment
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Believe you’ve got what it takes?
You can be rest assured that we can offer you a great career within an ambitious and forward-thinking company. To apply send us your CV and start your Zuto journey today!