Buying a vehicle is a big decision – it’s often one of the most expensive purchase people make and the second biggest overhead after a mortgage. Zuto are pioneering a change in how people finance a car. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of car financing?
Zuto is looking for a talented software engineer for one of our core product engineering squads shaping our online product. As a Zuto engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of part of our core platform. We are building an end-to-end online car financing journey that blends our sales advisor customer engagement with powerful automated systems that takes the hassle and stress out of buying a car.
The ideal candidate can write high quality .NET code better, faster, and more manageable than most software engineers think possible. You care as much about the customer experience as the code behind it. You have an obsession with data, want to measure everything, and make all decisions on the basis of data. You are self-directed, energetic, and hungry to build high impact software products.
What we're looking for in you:
- Mobile Web, web, or other product development experience in consumer-focused companies
- Technical experience as software developer, or related role
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing in .NET
- Experience developing machine learning systems
- Experience developing statistical modeling and processing big data in a scalable distributed services environment
- Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Working experience of Microsoft Azure or AWS technologies.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployments.
- Strong desire to learn, educate others and make improvements.
In return we're offering a salary of £30,000 to £50,000, great offices based in the heart of Manchester and the opportunity to solve complex problems in a technical challenging and innovative environment.