Zuto has lead and innovated the online car buying experience since 2006, and we’ve certainly learnt a lot in that time. But, our vision hasn’t changed from day one – we want to deliver an amazing customer service, while having a lot of fun along the way.
Culture is everything at Zuto. For us, it is all about empowering yourself to find a better way to do things. Here, you’re free to voice your opinion and you have autonomy to make your own decisions. We’re proud of who we are and what we have achieved. But, without question, it’s our people (Zutonites) that make Zuto a great place to work.
As our Head of Infrastructure and Operations your role is pivotal to the success of the continuous operation of services that support our Contact Centre and the Digital services of Zuto. The management and strategic development of all aspects of the retained server, network, storage and active directory services are within the remit of this key strategic role. You'll be working in a highly matrixed organisation, developing deep working relationships with multiple stakeholders to innovate and effectively run & operate playbooks, designing a strategic roadmap for future modernisation that provides Zuto with opportunities to differentiate in an increasingly competitive landscape.
The role holder requires strong leadership skills as well as role model behaviour as manifested in Zuto’s values to guide and develop a team of direct reports. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, using their skillset to educate and engage the wider business of best I&O practice, aligning a strong understanding of NPS principles in translating and embedding into deployed solutions.
- Create a vision for Infrastructure and Operations within the organisation, effectively communicated through engagement to lead and motivate the delivery of vision to action
- Develop an Infrastructure & Operations strategy which identifies the future direction of the use of technology within the organisation to drive efficiencies. Research options for future Infrastructure & Operations development.
- Provide advice to Zuto on the application and use of Infrastructure & Operations to provide excellent services working closely with Zutonites and key stakeholders to overcome business challenges with the use of technology.
- Identify solutions and opportunities to improve organisational performance. Evaluate Zutonites requirements, prepare and present proposals, design and deliver solutions to meet Zuto’s objectives
- Be a champion of change, optimising current IT solutions whilst promoting innovative solutions to operational challenges
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Prepare and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomes
- Control and manage the project resources and budget
- Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor contracts for Infrastructure services provided by 3rd parties ensuring effective service delivery
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers, supported with appropriate governance models
- Maintain market awareness of new trends, opportunities for capability leaps that provide commercial opportunities for the business
- Service Management
- Organise and implement availability, maintenance and support of all IT Services
Leadership and Management
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver Zuto’s Vision.
- Driving efficiency through the effective use and adoption of technology
- Strategic development, management and operating of the IT System.
- Manage and motivate the IT team to deliver an effective and highly regarded service, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the Computer Misuse Act, the Data Protection and Health & Safety Acts (as applicable to IT usage) Facilities
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including Health & Safety Acts.
- Business continuity - To develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of Zuto in the event of major incidents or disasters
- Ensure physical security of Zuto offices
Skills and Knowledge
A strategic and critical thinker with experience of analysing business scenarios, working with multiple stakeholders and building relationships in mind of continuous improvement.
Extensive knowledge of service management frameworks, network configuration management, on-premise-hybrid-cloud portfolio management, AWS, Azure, O365, contact centre infrastructure, SaaS, RFI to contract, financial management for IT services and service operations.
Experience and Behaviours
- 10+ years’ experience highly matrixed customer centric businesses (telecoms, networking, cloud)
- Experience of crisis management/business continuity situations with scenario planning
- Track record of managing and scaling teams support business growth
- Proven consultancy ability including running meetings and facilitating workshops with stakeholders of all levels
- Network and software virtualization
- Experience in migrating contact centre infrastructure on-premise to cloud
- Change management and standardisation
- Budget planning and management
- Hands-on experience delivering infrastructure services
- Experience managing complex IT operation that is a combination of internal resources and 3rd party managed services
- Positive, proactive and has a motivated outlook, leading by example always – a strong, credible manager
- Transparent and clear with wider business stakeholders, giving and receiving feedback and action planning from this
- Shows discretion when working with their team and dealing with sensitive issues
- Consistently exhibits and brings to life the Zuto beliefs
- A role model that works under their own initiative
- Able to effectively manage areas of conflict or poor performance through to resolution
- Curiosity: Keeps abreast of change both within the business and actively seeks insight into competitor activity.
- Educated to or be to demonstrate experience equivalent to degree level
- Prince II project management or equivalent
- Certified ITIL practitioner
What this role will give you
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious team of dedicated individuals who play a crucial role in supporting and making decisions, whilst sharing knowledge and developing new ways of working to meet changing regulations and future challenges of the business.
- Competitive holiday package – plus an extra day accrued for each year of service
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity and Adoption leave after 18 months of service
- Refer a friend – We know you’ll love Zuto, do you know anyone who would too? – You’ll receive a refer a friend payment if they’re successful!
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Charity Day
- Personal Financial Advice
- Health cash plan, including retail and gym discounts too
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Discounts to attractions across the UK
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Full- time, permanent role offering a Competitive salary.
Requirement//flexibility to work across both our Macclesfield and Manchester City Centre sites.